Updates on managing headaches in children and adolescents; Resiliency in immigrant populations; Red flags and management of hematological abnormalities;
Leslie Sondeen Opilia, APRN; Claire Coyne, PhD; Susan Walsh, DNP, APRN
This event offers
4.0 CE credits
CE accredited by NAPNAP.
2018 Illinois/Chicago Chapter NAPNAP Half Day Conference
The conference will take place on the 11th floor in Rooms 11-142 and 11-150. Registration will open at 7:45 a.m. and conference will start promptly at 8 a.m.
Breakfast, coffee, water, and snacks will be provided.
Topics & Speakers
- Resiliency in Immigrant Populations- Claire Coyne, PhD, Psychologist with the Center for Childhood Resilience at Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Updates on Managing Headaches in Children and Adolescents- Leslie Sonden Opilia, APRN, Neurology Department at Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Red flags and management of hematological abnormalities- Susan Walsh, DNP, APRN, CPNP, University of Illinois Chicago
- Cost for non-members will be $30 due at registration, $10 for students. Cash or check made payable to NAPNAP Illinois Chapter will be accepted. A Chase ATM is located on the 11th floor.
Registration for current NAPNAP Illinois Chapter Members is free.
- Parking will be available at the Huron/Superior Garage. You may enter on Huron or Superior, east of St. Clair. Follow signs for Lurie Children's Hospital signs. The garage is connected to Lurie Children's Hospital by a bridge on the second floor. We will provide chaser tickets and the validated rate with the chaser ticket is $11 for up to 7 hours.
Community Outreach Opportunity:
- NAPNAP will host a Diaper Drive in support of SWADDLE- SouthWest Area Diaper Depository for Little Ends, a non-profit organization that provides diapers to the needy families in the southwest suburban Chicago area. Our participation will help families who are unable to provide adequate monthly supply of fresh diapers for their children. Please bring diapers and/or pull-ups of any size and brand. Open packages are accepted as well.
To learn more about SWADDLE, check out their website HERE
The Women's March Chicago March to the Polls will also be the same day at Columbus and Congress in Grant Park. See http://womens121marchonchicago.org/ for info regarding possible road closures and plan accordingly.